Cure Organic Farm – Week 19
63rd Street Farm – Week 19
What I’ve Eaten
- Bread and butter pickles. Ate them all already, they were wonderful! I saved the brine and I’m hoping to reuse it a bit.
- Greens (kale, braising greens) sautéed in fish sauce. Daily. Sometimes with potatoes.
- Spicy Summer Squash Soup. Made a few weeks ago and frozen, enjoyed for lunch with toast.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash. Stuffed with peppers, leeks, garlic, sausage and cheese.
- Slow cooker roast with root veggies. I sneakily got Brian and Danielle to eat Rutabaga!
Life has been fairly crazy lately and I’m just remembering to post this.
This coming week is the last week of Cure and 63rd Street will switch to an every other week schedule, the last share being the Monday before Thanksgiving.
I’m loving the fall veggies and I’m looking forward to those butternuts. I think I’ll be making at least one curry fairly soon! It’s chilly and rainy and I’m so thrilled for soup and comfort food season 🙂
Hoping to have more down time soon so I can write a longer post (for all three of you that read this)!