Cure Organic Farm – Week 18
63rd Street Farm – Week 18
What I’ve Eaten
- Bread and butter pickles. Ate them all already, they were wonderful! I saved the brine and I’m hoping to reuse it a bit.
- Tomatoes on toast. A few more times but I then made…
- Tomato Sauce. Just a basic marinara to use throughout winter.
- Greens (kale, braising greens) sautéed in fish sauce. Again, this is my new favorite thing.
- Potatoes and peppers sautéed.
Guys. It’s officially fall and it’s starting to feel like it. Today my coworker told me “Sweater Weather is really your jam, isn’t it?” That it is.
I love being able to cozy up in warm clothes, under covers, etc. The farm share shifts to comfort food staples and life seems to slow down – at least a bit.
Last week I had the pleasure of meeting this little nugget and I’ve had serious puppy fever ever since. She’s adorable, teething, and can not sit still for the life of her – it was nearly impossible to get a good picture of her!
This past weekend I was down in Denver helping a photographer friend work a graduation and afterwards we headed to the botanic gardens via a secret back door entrance that area residents get a fob for – I felt special. Here are some of the lovely things I got to enjoy 🙂