Cure Organic Farm – Week 13
63rd Street Farm – Week 13
What I’ve Eaten
- Finished the cauliflower corn salad with orange dressing. This kept well for over a week in the fridge!
- Daikon cucumber relish over miso marinated salmon. A+
- Roasted chicken thighs with potatoes, carrots and fennel. A go-to and something that I can usually convince Brian to eat.
- More cherry tomato (non) compote. Which I ended up eating by itself while on an impromptu 10+ hour road trip around Colorado last weekend. This is why you always pack snacks.
- A pint of cherry tomatoes raw. Because why not?
- Eggplant tomato pasta dish. That’s a horrible description, it was marvelous. As in, when I took my first bite I thought to myself “Holy shit I just cooked passable Italian food from scratch.” Cast iron fried eggplant in a fresh, spicy tomato sauce over (mediocre, not from scratch) pasta. It had the perfect amount of garlic and spice, the consistency of the sauce was ideal and the eggplant was tender. Gah. Hoping I can recreate this!
My tomato plant that I got from 63rd Street Farm (and then neglected and planted very late) has two tomatoes!!