Cure Organic Farm – Week 8
63rd Street Farm – Week 8
What I’ve Eaten
- Veggies skillet with two eggs, Zucchini, Turnips, Garlic, Chard and fresh Basil
- Zucchini Bread
- Miso soup with Kale, Turnips and Fava Beans – look at that miso goodness floating all up in that jar!!
- Salads with Beets, Carrots, Cucumber, feta and homemade dressing
- Egg tacos with Chard, Scallions and Garlic (camping)
- Salad Mix with Cucumber and Onion (camping) – ate this alone and with chicken in wraps for our hike
- Grilled Summer Squash (camping)
This post is a bit late but it’s only because I was celebrating our second annual Best Friend Weekend (trademark pending). The long weekend allowed for some much-needed r&r, jaw-dropping landscapes, and lots (and lots and lots) of walking.
We camped in Ouray, CO at a campground with an AHmazing view, nearly suffocated in a saloon that smelled as if the owner dumped ashtrays into the carpet, trekked two miles uphill in the dark to get back to camp, spent a day exploring Telluride, hiked down a mountain, hiked up (and back down) a mountain, saw a bear, and drank lots of beer.
I love camping, I find it rather therapeutic (and it’s cheap!!). Fortunately my gingers also love camping and saving money. I’m already getting excited for our next adventure!