I’ve been attempting to improve my photography skills. Is it working?? The difference in the light between these two is dramatic. The top picture was taken around 7:00 AM and the bottom photo was taken roughly twelve hours later, around 7:00 PM. I think I like the softer light better but perhaps I should have waited just a wee bit longer to get that shot.
Cure Organic Farm – Week 7
63rd Street Farm – Week 7
CUCUMBER!!! I can’t believe I only have one. I need more. I saved my fava beans from week 6 so I’ll be using those with the ones I get this week; I’m thinking some sort of dip or soup is in order. But it’s hot, it’s been really hot. Too hot for soup.
I was also blessed to receive an egg delivery from my coworker. They tend come rather poop covered…
What I’ve Eaten
- Finished up Fava Bean Quinoa salad over Kale with feta and homemade dressing.
- Finished Snow Pea Stir Fry.
- Sautéed Summer Squash and Onion with Eggs and fresh Oregano and Dill. I reserved some of the squash/onions to use as a salad topper.
- Salads with Beets, olives, feta, sautéed onions and squash.
- Roasted bone-in chicken thighs with Fennel, Carrots, potato and Onion.
I think I may have mentioned this but…. it’s been hot. I don’t do well in the heat and I’ve been miserable. Not only has it been hot, it’s been dry. Last Saturday the carelessness of several out-of-state
hoodlums campers started a forest fire in Nederland. They’ve been apprehended, by the way.
Forest fires obviously aren’t uncommon, especially during this time of year. But I’m not used to it and it makes me very uncomfortable. The fire destroyed 8 homes but it has been contained.