I’ve recently spent some time updated my blog and reorganizing; I’m fairly satisfied with the current layout. Recently I started adding a “What I’ve Eaten” section to my weekly posts and I’m trying to decide if this should be its own post. I still haven’t gotten in the habit of taking pictures of what I’ve made/eat so at this point I think it would be pretty darn boring to have that in its own post. Perhaps I’ll try to get better about picture-taking….
I want to take a minute to revisit the fact that each share pictured is 1/3 of a full share. It’s still an incredibly large amount of food for one person. I had been keeping up with everything fairly well but I’ve fallen behind because a.) a friend’s mom was in town and we went out three times and b.) the holiday weekend totally screwed me up and I didn’t eat at home as often as I normally do. This week I plan to play catch up and perhaps try my hand at preserving.
Cure Organic Farm – Week 6
- Snow Peas
63rd Street Farm – Week 6
- Summer Squash
- Fava Beans
What I’ve Eaten
- Garlic Scape Mint Dip. Adapted from this recipe. I didn’t measure and I used yogurt (homemade) in place of whipped cream cheese. Loved this and would make it again but I think I’ll try lightly roasting the scapes first to take away some of the bite. It made a huge batch and I’m thinking of freezing a bit of it.
- Quinoa Salad with Fava Beans. Quinoa (bulk), Fava Beans, Onion (market), Tomatoes (market), feta, Oregano, salt pepper and a little bit of olive oil (bulk). I used all my favas from week 5 in this and I’ve been eating it plain and on toast with the scape dip.
- Salads with Lettuce and Dandelion Greens; plus Carrots, Beets, feta and homemade dressing. I made this once and will NOT be eating Dandelion Green raw ever again. They are far too bitter for my liking. The rest of the salads I have made did not include Dandelion Greens.
- Smoothies. Variety of fruit, bananas, whey (homemade) and Kale.
- Snow Pea and Carrot Stir Fry with TONS of Garlic (market) and ginger (store), over white rice. I used up all the Snow Peas from weeks 5 & 6, along with a few left over Snap Peas.
- sautéed Beet and Dandelion Greens. I sautéed these up in some of the sauce from the stir fry. The Dandelion Greens were much more tolerable.
We celebrated the fourth the same way we have for the past two years; watching fireworks from a friend’s front yard. Her house is ideal because we can see the fireworks from Folsom Field without having to deal with hoards of spectators AND we got to play with (illegal) fireworks.